Friday, July 31, 2009

Who is the Sausage King of Chicago?

Yahoo mail won't let me log in unless I give them two security questions and answers which they can use if I lose my password. This is part of how Twitter was hacked, google it yourself for details. But boiling it down, somebody who is trying to hack your account could very well know the name of all your aunt's and just has to enter them all to find 'your favorite aunt.' Granted I can enter my own question and corresponding answer. The problem with that is I get too creative and don't remember what the hell I was thinking of 5 years later when I actually do need to retrieve my password.

In the meantime I have found a way around having to come up with these questions and answers until I figure out something. I log into yahoo messenger which prompts me if I have yahoo mail. I tell it to open yahoo mail and it does so bypassing their page that requires that I come up with those questions.

In the meantime, please don't hack me. Not that there is anything in my yahoo mail account that you'd find the least bit interesting. And not that I use that password on any other sites.

The title was one thing I thought of as a possible security question, but I think we all know that the Sausage King of Chicago is Abe Froman. Now go away or I will be forced to get 'snooty.'

No comments: