Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Manual Sold Separately

I picked up Champions Online today. Little disappointed to see that we are back to the days of manual sold separately and called "Strategy Guide." Seriously, the game comes with a 8 page manual that mentions not one word about how to play the game. System requirements, trouble shooting and 4 pages of the End User License Agreement.

I know that the goal is to make your game good enough that you don't need a manual. I can't speak to whether this is true or not for Champions Online as I haven't had a chance to play it yet. I had a beta invite and access to the Head Start Weekend, but my gaming computer isn't set up since I getting my stuff back from Australia.

But even if you have the greatest game in the world, so great that people new the concept of playing games can play without needing a manual; what am I supposed to read while sitting in the bathroom when I get home from the store?

No comments: