Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Winter is Coming

It isn't that I haven't been keeping my blog up to date, it's just that I haven't been doing ANYTHING! I go to Pub Quiz at McMullan's Irish Pub on Tuesdays from 8 to 10 and maybe a movie on the weekend. That is it besides work. Seriously, I've been here on average for 12 hours, 7 days a week. Nice to be back doing what I like. :-)

Actually, I'm not doing Pub Quiz tonight, I'm going to The Double Down Saloon for the release party/book signing for Blue Vegas: Stories which was written by the saloon's owner. I don't know how I am going to get my copy signed though, since I bought the Kindle version.

The Double Down Saloon is over in "that" area of town nestled between leather fetish shops and tattoo parlors and none of my so-called friends are brave enough to go with me. If you don't hear from me in a week either send help or forward my mail.

Anyway, the real reason I was making a post was to say that HBO gave the Game of Thrones TV series a greenlight and we can expect to see it next year! Woot!

Lots more fun and reading over at the "Winter is Coming" fan page which recently moved to a new location at http://winter-is-coming.net/

I've been pretty much avoiding George R. R. Martin's blog, because I get frustrated reading about all the convention hoping he is doing instead of writing the next book in the series. I wonder, if the TV series is popular, will that inspire him to finish writing the series knowing that if he doesn't, some HBO script writers will do it for him?

2 comments:

BugHunter said...

I didn't realize game of thrones wasn't finished when I started reading it last year. Now I'm just pissed that I got suckered. I avoided Robert Jordan for this same crap.

I didn't know there was going to be TV series, even though I had thought myself it would make a damn good one. I would start it with a 2 hour episode of the first short story about Dunk and Egg. Unfortunately I just know that hollywood is going to screw it up.

Joseph B. Hewitt IV said...

I already said too much about Jordan and Martin a few years ago when Jordan passed away.

http://working-as-designed.blogspot.com/2007/09/robert-jordan.html